Addressing the huge issue of textile waste, The Iconic are hoping this moves assists with an estimated 23kgs of clothing that the average Australian sends to landfill every year.
As just one part of their 2020 Sustainability and ethical sourcing strategy, The Iconic has also committed to targets in Ethical Sourcing, Carbon and Energy, Waste and Recycling, Community Engagement, Diversity and Inclusion and Body Positivity.
The brand has also made packaging commitments, including:
- 100 per cent of customer-facing packaging will be made of recycled content;
- 70 per cent of private-label poly bags will be made of recycled plastic;
- 100 per cent of private label primary packaging materials across all categories will be fully recyclable in Australia;
- 80 per cent of private-label paper and cardboard packaging will be made from verified recycled pulp;
- 80 per cent of private-label product SKUs will have on-pack communication about their packaging sustainability or recyclability.
Interested in assessing or creating your own sustainable packaging goals? Check out why we Choose Paper.
Or, back to Latest News.